MBBR (Moving Bed Bio film Reactor) is used for wastewater treatment for both municipal and industrial sector in BOD removal, nitrification and denitrification.
MBBR consist of a tank with submerged but floating plastic media which has a specific gravity lower than 1.0.For abundant surface growth it require large surface area. Since the plastic has large surface area it facilities food bacterial growth. The thin film which has a thickness ranging from 50-300 microns helps in growing biomass. For maintaining dissolved oxygen and for removal of BOD coarse or medium bubble diffusers are uniformly placed at the bottom of the reactors. The screens are placed on the downstream walls to retain the flow of media out of the tank. To separate the biomass and solids from the waste water a DAF is placed downstream of the MBBR tank.
MBBR technology has been preferred in many areas as it offers many advantages over the traditional activated sludge process which is the most popular technology. MBBR reactor helps to remove 70-85% BOD and reduce load to downstream activated sludge process to a great extent resulting in a very effective treatment with a smaller foot print.
Emvees Waste Water Treatment LLC have dedicated team of consultants and engineers who have several years of industrial exposure. Technical team of Emvees have solid experience in big projects all over UAE.The key attraction of Emvees Waste Water Treatment LLC are the presence of high quality resources which can fulfill any deadlines and ensure best practices in project management.
- Flexible Design that allows for increased capacity
- No operational adjustments, only Equipment maintenance.
- Stable under large load variations.
- Smaller foot prints.
- Low investment Cost.
- Single pass treatment.
- Multiple applications.
- Extremely compact and simple biological treatment system.
- It is easy to operate and trouble free
- It has automatic sludge waste and has no sludge return
- Activated Sludge/ Extended aeration Process is designed for 12 to 24 hrs hydraulic retention time (HRT)
- The MBBR need only 2 to 3 HRT to achieve the same level of nitrification.
- This is less than or equal to ¼ the tank volume.
- Typical biomass levels in activated sludge plants is between 2500 mg/l to 3500 mg/l ofsuspended solids.
- Typical equivalent biomass in an MBBR is 6000 mg/l of attach growth.
- This is 2 times more available treatment mass.