This media directly replaces sand, doubling sand filters’ performance without extra investments in infrastructure. AFM® is resistant to bio coagulation, biofouling, and transient wormhole channeling of unfiltered water. Additionally, it never needs replacement or recharge.
AFM® is a pioneering product manufactured with a specific type of glass, which is processed to achieve optimum particle size and shape. Then, it is exposed to a 3-step activation process which increases its surface area by almost 300 times, ensuring superior electro-static filtration and mechanical performance.
The activated surface of AFM® is self-cleaning, preventing unfiltered water channels through the filter bed and bacteria mud-balling coagulation. For the purpose of catalysis and adsorption reactions, activation increases the surface area by up to 300 times. Similar to activated carbon, the surface nano-structure adsorbs pollutants from the water. However, unlike carbon, AFM® can be recharged by simply backwashing.
- More than double the effectiveness of an existing filtration system.
- No need for additional investments.
- Resistant to biodynamic instability and never allows untreated water to bypass the filter.
- substantially lower chlorine oxidation demand (by nearly 50%).
- Nearly 50% less backwash water demand.
- Lasts as long as the filtration system.
- Quick returns on investment.
WANT US TO CALL YOU BACK?